SolarEdge PV inverter
The SolarEdge PV inverter combines sophisticated digital control technology with efficient power conversion architecture to achieve superior solar power harvesting and best-in-class reliability.
A proprietary data monitoring receiver has been integrated into the single phase solar inverter and aggregates the power optimizer performance data from each PV module. This data can be transmitted to the web and accessed via the SolarEdge monitoring platform for performance analysis, fault detection and troubleshooting of PV systems.
The single phase inverter comes with a built-in DC safety switch, integrated rapid shutdown and a standard 12-year warranty.
Single Phase Inverter Feature Highlights:
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with power optimizers
- Superior efficiency
- Excellent reliability with standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Small, lightweight and easy to install
- Built-in module-level monitoring receiver
- Internet connection through Ethernet or Wireless (Wi-Fi, ZigBee Gateway, Cellular)
- Optional cellular connectivity
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
- Integrated arc fault protection and rapid shutdown for NEC 2014 and 2017 690.11 and 690.12
- Optional integrated revenue grade data, ANSI C12.20
- All inverters are UL1741 SA certified, for CPUC Rule 21 grid compliance
HD-Wave – A New Era for PV Inverters: <30 lbs, 99% Efficiency, Integrated Auto Rapid Shutdown
SolarEdge’s HD-Wave technology inverter, winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar award, breaks the mold of traditional inverters. Using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing, the HD-Wave technology inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. This small and lightweight inverter enables simplified shipping and storing and one-person installation. The record-breaking efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
- Small and lightweight
- 99% CEC weighted efficiency
- Up to 155% DC/AC oversizing allowed
- Longer strings (up to 5,700W per string)
- Faster commissioning
- High reliability without any electrolytic capacitors
- Optional integrated revenue grade data, ANSI C12.20 (0.5% accuracy)
HD-Wave Technology Components
HD-Wave vs. Traditional Technology
1) Distributed multi-level switching elements create a sine wave. Powerful DSP processor synthesizes a clean sine wave
2) Less magnetics are required for filtering
3) Highly efficient design with minimal heat loss reduces cooling requirements
1) Today, inverter switching elements create a crude sine wave
2) Magnetics filter a sine wave
3) Metallic enclosures, cooling systems and fans dissipate heat